Monday to Saturday 19:00 to 21:00 hrs
All new students are welcomed
for a placement test!
The test is designed to assess
the approximate level of English
of each student so that he or she
can be places in the most suitable
class that is available!
COMPETITION OPEN NOW!
Enter the competition to design the best project and you can win a fantastic prize. BIG BEN SCHOOL is inviting you to take part in a fantastic competition. Make a poster on how you communicate with people around you. Think about your friends, family and classmates. Write and draw pictures about how you communicate, how you use the Internet, who do you speak to face-to-face, who do you talk to on the phone, who do you text and what about, who do you chat on facebook, blog, send cards, write letters… Get all involved!
BIG BEN Cookery Corner
Traditional British Scones - Teatime Treats
• 450g (1lb) self raising flour
• 110g (just under 4 1/2oz) butter/margarine
• 110g (just under 4 1/2oz) sultanas
• 50g (2oz) sugar
• 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 1/2tsp salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5.
2. Rub the butter lightly into flour, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add sugar and sultanas. Add salt and bicarbonate of soda and mix in enough milk to make a soft dough.
4. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until about 1.5cm thick. Cut into 4cm (11/2in) rounds.
5. Bake for 12-15 mins
6. Lay the fruit scones on a wire rack to cool. Once cool, fill your fruit scones with jam and clotted cream.